Research on one of the following people based on your pair-allocation. Why are they considered Social Entrepreneurs?
* Make a 4-6 slide Keynote Presentation to share with your class in the 2nd hour:
- Jiale + Stacey: Vinoba Bhave (India): Founder and leader of the Land Gift Movement, he caused the redistribution of more than 7,000,000 acres of land to aid India's untouchables and landless.
- Niklaus + Seeto + Johanan : Dr. Maria Montessori (Italy): Developed the Montessori approach to early childhood education.
- Ben + Yuchong: Florence Nightingale (U.K.): Founder of modern nursing, she established the first school for nurses and fought to improve hospital conditions.
- Min Suk + Cherin: Margaret Sanger (U.S.): Founder of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, she led the movement for family planning efforts around the world.
- Christopher + Hardy: John Muir (U.S.): Naturalist and conservationist, he established the National Park System and helped found The Sierra Club.
Why are the following ventures considered “Social Entrepreneurship”? Make a printable poster (*2 to 3 A4 Pages) . Deposit your posters in the submit folder. Project them on the screen to share with your class in the 2nd hour.
Junhong + Jonan - http://www.worldtoilet.org/aboutus3.asp
Junwei + Naveena - http://give.sg/
Mission 3: Poster Sharing
What is entrepreneurship and what kind of a person qualifies to be one? Extract the main ideas from Bill Green’s Video Sharing:
[A] Rayner + Tim; [B] Siyuan + Preston
Mission 4: * Make a 4-6 slide Keynote Presentation to share with your class in the 2nd hour:
Who are the following businessmen? Why are they also considered entrepreneurs? What do they attribute their success to?
Michelle + Victor
Interview on “Charles and Keith”:
Gwen + Davina
Interview with Mr Harish Nim: