Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
I&E Promotional Brochure (hardcopy)
Deadline: Thurs, 2 Sept 2010
1] Definition of I&E
2] Why should schools promote I&E
3] How has it been useful to students
4] Relevant images
Deadline: Term 4 Week 1, I&E Lesson
1] Group presentation slides (8-12) for your product range (business proposal slides must include theme+reasons, taglines, description and selling point of products; images of prototypes/ sketches)
2] Mock-up and final sketches of products: you will be asked to modify your proposed products if found unsuitable/ too conventional. Try SCAMPER and Shape Borrowing.
3] Decide which items are to be made into physical prototype ( at least half your products), which will remain as sketches (Google Sketch, hardcopy)
4] Make sure the tagline is on all products.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Friday, August 6, 2010
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Research on one of the following people based on your pair-allocation. Why are they considered Social Entrepreneurs?
* Make a 4-6 slide Keynote Presentation to share with your class in the 2nd hour:
- Jiale + Stacey: Vinoba Bhave (India): Founder and leader of the Land Gift Movement, he caused the redistribution of more than 7,000,000 acres of land to aid India's untouchables and landless.
- Niklaus + Seeto + Johanan : Dr. Maria Montessori (Italy): Developed the Montessori approach to early childhood education.
- Ben + Yuchong: Florence Nightingale (U.K.): Founder of modern nursing, she established the first school for nurses and fought to improve hospital conditions.
- Min Suk + Cherin: Margaret Sanger (U.S.): Founder of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, she led the movement for family planning efforts around the world.
- Christopher + Hardy: John Muir (U.S.): Naturalist and conservationist, he established the National Park System and helped found The Sierra Club.
Why are the following ventures considered “Social Entrepreneurship”? Make a printable poster (*2 to 3 A4 Pages) . Deposit your posters in the submit folder. Project them on the screen to share with your class in the 2nd hour.
Junhong + Jonan - http://www.worldtoilet.org/aboutus3.asp
Junwei + Naveena - http://give.sg/
Mission 3: Poster Sharing
What is entrepreneurship and what kind of a person qualifies to be one? Extract the main ideas from Bill Green’s Video Sharing:
[A] Rayner + Tim; [B] Siyuan + Preston
Mission 4: * Make a 4-6 slide Keynote Presentation to share with your class in the 2nd hour:
Who are the following businessmen? Why are they also considered entrepreneurs? What do they attribute their success to?
Michelle + Victor
Interview on “Charles and Keith”:
Gwen + Davina
Interview with Mr Harish Nim: