This is a sort of excavator, of which I forgot the name. It is very interesting as instead of having two long rolls of caterpillar tracks on each side, it has four independent sets of caterpillar tracks, allowing it to twist and turn more freely. Also, the structure on the top is something unique. It ha a cabin that could slide out of its original slot, and something rather new: a weight that can be slid out to counter-balance the excavator when being at vulnerable positions.Innovation is important as more products can be made, letting Singapore sell its own products, and thus earn more money. Also, this will make Singapore unique and distinct to other countries.
1.I saw a display that shows a product named Cipher.It is a ordinary cup when no liquid is poured into it.When a liquid is poured into it, the name of the liquid will show in a mosaic form.2.Without innovation, life would be the same, no improvement in the society.With innovation our life will change for the better.Creativity + Action = Innovation ©
A small machine that can change normal speech into sign language and also sign language in speech. It is very useful for the deafInovation in important in Singapore as without innovation, every thing will be the same and every thing will only will have one model. Innovation brings life.
A Keyboard that can slide into one stick when you are not using it. It is called the Keystick. It is useful as it takes less space and it is not so bulky to bring around. It is also portable.Innovation is important in Singapore because without innovation, life will be boring. There would not be improvements in the world and everything would be the same every time. There would be other nice gadgets and maybe without innovation, there would not be any technology. Life would almost not be life. Therefore, innovation is very important.
A knife which has removable hand weights to adjust to one's personal sense of balance. This means that people who are using the knives can adjust the weights on the knife so that they will feel comfortable cutting or slicing he food, without losing balance of the knife and the hand.I think this is because Singapore would not have transformed into a modern city without innovation, as it drives us forward into he future. It improves everything around us, thus it will encourage us to move on forward into the future. That's why innovation is important to Singapore.Preston
I'll say that its the one called 'Jump-Start', its like a little portable machine where you can charge a battery with another battery (of i think its the same size/type). I find this outstanding as sharing battery power is not often seen here, you need not bring wires and it cultivates the habit of sharing.Innovation is important to Singapore as there is a need to be different, to help improve lives here(especially those who are handicapped in different ways) and to make this place lively, entertaining.
1. It is the powerpost. It is a regular table but one of the legs is covered with plug heads. i find this interesting because it is different to a conventional table with four legs and i think that it will help to reduce cluster on the table.2. It is important as Singapore has no natural resources to support the country, thus it has to use innovation to make Singapore more attractive to the businessman so they will invest their money in singapore
The most interesting I saw at the Red Dot Museum was a machine called "Fresh Hands" by Samsung C&T. People usually do not like to wash their hands with soap right after a hard day's work and coming home as it is troublesome and tiring, so the "Fresh Hands" is good as it allows us to have easy access to have our hands clean. All we need to do is to put our hands right under the machine once we reach the doorsteps and the machine will use soap vapours to clean the hands. This idea is very good as it can be applied in our daily live to make it easier andcomfortable, and helps us to have less chance to fall sick.People are more attracted to innovative ideas, so innovative things can be marketed better than some plain old things what can be seen everyday. Singapore has to continue coming up innovative stuff to compete with other countries to market their goods.
It is the smart street smart bin. It is specially designed for the disposal of chewed gum and cigarette butts. I find this interesting as it is different form the normal bins.It is important as innovation helps to build our future and solve everyday problems.
1. This innovation allows bulky plugs to be able to fit in the extension plug. It is soft and bendable which allows the extra spaces in between plugs to fit in a bulky one. I normally have this problem, example the hand phone charger. I had to buy a multiplug so that it is higher than the others so that it will fit in. 2. It can promote tourism in Singapore and there would not be any advancement in our society if people stopped innovating things, it would be at a standstill.
1.The Coco-cola Refresh Recycling Bin. It is entirely of recycled PET bottles, it conveys expressiveness and transparency and is attractive compared to other recycling bins. This would maybe attract more people to recycle their bottles.2.Innovation is important as Singapore is a small country, but still manages to attract tourist. Thus there would be competition between neighboring countries as they too try to attract tourist. Hence, innovation is important as it helps us advance and compete with other countries.-Naveena
1) I saw a solar cell that can be adapted to any environment no matter how harsh it is. This display caught my eye as energy is running out and we need to find renewable sources of energy in order to survive.2) It is important for Singapore to be innovative as Singapore relies heavily on brain power for income as Singapore does not have much land and t will be impractical to rely on land resources for income.Rayner
1. It is the Passion One Sleeping Bag. It is very amazing because I have never thought that a sleeping bag could be so light and what's more is that it could even be folded into as small as a grapefruit. This could be very useful for people who are going to a camp as it takes up very little space in your bag.2. Innovation is important as Singapore is a very small country but this small country managed to attract tourist from all around the world, especially those in our neighboring country's. There would then be alot of competition between countries, so innovation is very important for Singapore.
1) I saw a bladeless fan named the wind circle. It is a fan made with the technology of fluidics. It is a metal circle the size of a normal fan's blades cage on a roughly about 30cm tall stand. It is able to suck in air and expel it through a small gap around the circle, and the function is like a normal fan with lots and lots of extra features. The design is very sleek and pleasant. It can help circulate the air in a room widely. This innovative design stands out above the rest because, firstly, it is practical and can be used in real life, it even appeared in the newspapers before. Secondly, this design is simple yet nice, also good for usage. Thirdly, no one has ever thought of something like this before and is the first time that most people see it.2. Innovation is very important to singapore for various reasons. Firstly, to sustain our country economically in the long run, maybe by selling this design to the world, just like the thumbdrive (even though it is not an innovation). Secondly, it is for us to so called 'be in the trend', maybe to attract more tourists from other countries, and also not to let other countries stereotype singapore as one of the 'outdated' countries.
1) It was definitely the touch screen light switch. It is cool as we do not need to even use strength to turn on the lights. The lights can be adjusted; romantic, bright, party etc. 2) It will benefit the handicap as they do not need to use strength to turn on or off the lights. It will be have less static when touching it with wet hands too!
1) I find this item very interesting and innovative. It is a cash card where on the card itself, it displays the value left in the card. This is really helpful especially when one is extremely desperate to know how much money is left in the card. For example, when one is queueing up to buy something and doesn't know how much value is left in the card, he/she does not need to step out of the queue just to check the amount of money left. This saves a lot of time and effort.2) There are a couple of reasons that explains why innovation in Singapore is very important. One of them is that since Singapore is a relatively small country, we need to catch up with the world in order to survive in the real world. Simple innovations that help to relieve stress and time from citizens are great examples.
1. Describe the most interesting/ innovative display you saw at the Red Dot Museum. Why is it outstanding compared to the rest?One interesting thing I saw is the tricycle that can be converted into a motocycle. Not many products are vehicles and the design and the use is also original. The use of such a product is to allow a person to get through a jam faster by converting the tricycle into a motocycle. A tricycle is rather stable and it can be counted as some thing like a car. The entire vehicle can be converted into a motocycle to get out of a jam faster.2. Why do you think innovation is important to Singapore?Without innovation, no new products can be created to help improve Singapore's economy.
1) A retractable multiple plug socket that retracts into a wall outlet, reducing clutter and hiding all the other sockets. Many people now have many electrical appliances, and this innovation will reduce possible accidents and will reduce the need to buy multiple sockets as it comes in the full package.2) Innovation is necessary to continually improve Singapore's economy and efficiency.
The Window Phone...I like it because I find it rather futuristic.Innovation is important to Singapore because without it, Singapore's economy would crumble and Singapore would disappear from the world.
I like the Swissflex eyewear as it weigh nearly nothing and the spectacles are very flexible thus it is not easy to break.Innovation is very important as without it, there will be no improvement, no progession thus our lives will still be the same.